It's interesting that you bring up the idea of teaching the legalities involved with ICT use. One of the first classes that I observed, was of a Year 10 IT class. The teacher briefed me on the unit and she told me about how they cover a small section of copyright law and trademarks. I'm not sure if this is common place in many schools. Alas, I'm sure it isn't, but it is always nice to dream.
I also love the idea of creating more relevant ICT based PD days. I think it would be the best the way to combat the lack of teacher training.
A very thought provoking entry, Janell. :)
I also love the idea of creating more relevant ICT based PD days. I think it would be the best the way to combat the lack of teacher training.
A very thought provoking entry, Janell. :)
Hi Alexi,
Whilst Garage Band may seem like a rudimentary program, you've excellently highlighted the way in which such a simple program could work for visual learners. High school music might have been more interesting for me if I'd had access to this. :)
I think it would be really interesting to try to merge a music class with an English class. Music is such a pertinent element of film, and an analysis of the composition of soundtracks used within film would add infinitely greater depth. I know it would be an invaluable experience for my English students to be able to undertake such an analysis. If only...
I am now on the look out for an ICT based means of teaching essays and grammar, as a way to target visual learners. Thanks for the inspiration Alexi!
Whilst Garage Band may seem like a rudimentary program, you've excellently highlighted the way in which such a simple program could work for visual learners. High school music might have been more interesting for me if I'd had access to this. :)
I think it would be really interesting to try to merge a music class with an English class. Music is such a pertinent element of film, and an analysis of the composition of soundtracks used within film would add infinitely greater depth. I know it would be an invaluable experience for my English students to be able to undertake such an analysis. If only...
I am now on the look out for an ICT based means of teaching essays and grammar, as a way to target visual learners. Thanks for the inspiration Alexi!
No comments:
Post a Comment